What Is MAX Dispatch?
Zetron’s IP-based MAX Dispatch integrates a full range of tools and resources into a single console system and presents them to the dispatcher through a streamlined graphical user interface (GUI). This gives your dispatchers instant access to the information they need from a single, centralized point. MAX Dispatch can be set up to display information pertinent to an incident only when it’s needed. And its IP functionality not only eliminates the need for costly leased lines, but supports mobile, remote, and geographically diverse operations.
• Simpler Operation, Lower Training Cost: The user interface is designed to reduce screen clutter, response times, and user stress. Requires minimal training and fewer steps to perform tasks and access information.
• High reliability: End-to-end network redundancy keeps the system up and running even if the IP network goes down.
• Minimize Maintenance Time and Cost: Configure, troubleshoot and maintain the system from the convenience of the office.
• Scalable Operations: The architecture provides scalability for system designs ranging from dedicated LAN network to multi-node, geographically diverse WAN applications.
IP Fire Station Alerting System
• Supports up to 255 stations per system.
• Supports up to 24 dispatch positions.
• Station transponder includes flexible alerting, control and status capabilities.
• Near instantaneous alert times achieved with independent voice and data channels reducing overall dispatch time to a minimum.
• Dispatcher announcement via Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) or radio.
• Dedicated console client application makes it easy to implement multiple operator positions, each able to initiate dispatch commands and receive alerts from any fire station.
• Integrates easily with radio dispatch consoles.
• Provides computer aided dispatch (CAD) integration capabilities.
• NFPA 1221-compliant for dispatch systems.
• Console Application can alarm when station transponder senses an external alarm input.