Intelligent user interface (UI)
• Selective display of information pertinent to the task allows operators to focus on the incident at hand. Reduces information overload.
• “One-click” operation for common tasks improves response times and reduces operator fatigue.
• Information can be tracked, augmented, and passed on as necessary to other dispatchers or call participants.
• An integrated map allows location display, providing visual location of wireless callers and location tracking.
• Integrated Standard Operating Procedures storage and display.
• Designed with i3 in mind and ready for support of future requirements.
Automatic Call Recovery (ACR)
• Zetron’s patent-pending design provides a resilient call connection even if network anomalies occur.
• If an outage or human error occurs, the ACR service helps prevent the loss of incoming and answered calls in the case of a fault or failure. For example, if a Call Server is mistakenly taken out of service, any calls active on the server are recovered and reassigned to another Call Server in the system.
Advanced Call Handling
• Provides advanced, flexible call routing for single or multiple PSAPs.
• Support of geographically diverse sites.
• Automatic Call Distribution (ACD).
• Supports auto answer call distribution, queue prioritization, ring groups and ring all.
• Can incorporate an interactive voice response (IVR) solution with DTMF entry.
• Configurable call policies to ensure effective and efficient call disposition.
• Allows queue assignments to be configured to accommodate predicted call volumes.
• Supports multiple direct-inward dial (DID) and dialed-number identification service (DNIS).
• Provides advanced dedicated queues for special call types.
• Feature-rich call taking and PBX functionality.
Next-Generation 9-1-1 capabilities
• SIP-based and ready to meet existing and emerging NENA NG9-1-1 i3 functional and interface standards.
• Compatible with Emergency Services IP Networks (ESInets).
• Supports hosted solutions and “virtual PSAPs.”
• Supports the use of softphones and SIP phones.